midnightblue.coffee is owned by amamus Limited and we are committed to protecting individuals’ privacy and to processing personal information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (‘GDPR’).
The Company: (Please note - this is not a general correspondence address, and email communication should be used where possible.)
98 High Street
Company Registration No. 07847285
For any questions regarding data protection and midnightblue.coffee or amamus ltd, please contact Susie Stokes, our General Manager:
Phone: 0330 133 0291
In order to help you shop online for our great products, we need to take some details from you, and this Privacy Notice sets out how and why we handle personal information.
The information we collect and how:
When you visit midnightblue.coffee, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, we collect information from you to help fulfil your order efficiently and effectively, providing a quality service and experience. We refer to this information as “Order Information”. The data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
• Personal Details: Name, Email Address, Billing Address, Delivery Address, Contact Telephone Number, Payment Details
• Other information related to your request for our products or services including purchase history
The basis for processing your information and how we use it:
We collect information to help process customer orders, provide a quality service and experience, and without this information midnightblue.coffee could not operate. When you shop with us, you are providing the information by consent and entering into a contract, and these are two bases for processing your personal data.
We use your Order Information to:
• Fulfil your order or request, including processing payment information and arranging delivery;
• Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
• Provide a quality service and overall experience;
• Update you on our latest products and services (in line with your preferences, where you have opted in)
• Improve our service
On our midnightblue.coffee website, you have the option to be added to our mailing list and to receive further newsletters and information from us. We will only communicate with you in the future if you have chosen this option, and there will always be an obvious and simple way to unsubscribe on our communications, or simply contact us at email@example.com and ask to be removed.
We use Device Information to help screen for potential fraud (in particular, your IP address). Also, more generally we use it to improve the users experience while visiting the website, to improve the performance and optimise the website, and to understand the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
We use Device Information (cookies) to track visitors' interest in our products. We may use this to understand what most appeals to our customers so we can make our offers as appropriate as possible. Browsing behaviour is also used to create relevant banner advertising with product recommendations that we believe best relate to the items you viewed on our website. These banners are then served across other websites that you may visit, typically news sites, video sites and blogs. This process is called behavioural advertising and although the adverts are individually tailored to each visitor, all cookie data is anonymised and stored temporarily.
In summary, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• to fulfil our contractual obligation in supplying a premium product and service via an online shopping website;
• to protect the ongoing and future legitimate interests of the company, particularly with respect to future online marketing and to newsletters (with consent), and to ensuring our website is performing as effectively as possible;
• to fulfil any legal obligations where required.
Sharing of information:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your information for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligation to you, such as to our approved delivery companies. We may also pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
How we store and retain your information:
Your information is securely stored on our customer management database within Shopify.
Personal information that we collect or process will be retained for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise requested by you or required by law.
We will then erase or de-identify your information electronically and paper records will be securely shredded.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have the following rights:
• To access your information and ask us for copies of any personal information we hold about you.
• To correct, amend or update the information we hold about you.
• To request that we erase the information we hold about you.
• To request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
• To object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• To request we transfer the information you gave us about you, to another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights please contact our General Manager who is responsible for data protection at midnightblue.coffee and amamus limited. We will not charge a fee for any of the above requests and will respond within one month. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to fulfil your request, and the reason for this will be explained fully at the time.
General Manager – Susie Stokes
Telephone: 0330 133 0291
amamus Limited, Sundial House, 98 High Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4SU.
If you have a question or a complaint, please contact our General Manager. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). They can be contacted on www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Notice at any time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the midnightblue.coffee website.